Update 31.1.2019

Today was another productive day. Yesterday, the ultrasonic sensors on the prototype robot weren’t functioning properly. Today, some optimization on the software side and noticing that the sensor was slightly damaged helped us fix the issue so that all the current electronics we have work properly. We also wrote a simple library to make writing code a bit easier in the future, which can be found here. We also got the 3D printed motor mounts meant to be used with a suspension system printed.

CAD design of the two different motor mounts, front and back. We printed the front ones (the ones on the right) today.

We intend on using encoders alongside the motors to be able to have more control and install suspension systems mainly for the Spirit of Curiosity challenge. The line following code from yesterday was also completed, however problems with a couple libraries got in the way of testing unfortunately. Hopefully, tomorrow will have even more progress!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s